“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Week of Class: Complete!

Holaaaa,

Well, I have been here for almost a month and I JUST finished my first week of class! I must say, it went pretty well. My professors are all very helpful and are going out of their way to make sure that I am adjusting well. I can't say that I 'm not surprised, all of the people here in Cadiz are friendly. I definitely think that it is going to take a little while for me to understand each of my professor's accents, but for now, I am understanding the majority of what it is said during class. Thankfully, most of my grade will be based on my performance on a final exam and little assignments here and there. I am confident that by reading the class material and attending class, I will be fine. We also have Spanish class every night from 6-8, which is a great way for me to perfect my grammar and work on my speaking.

I won't be in class much the next week - there are a lot of holidays/faculty days. No complaints here! More time for the beach! I need to step up my sea glass collecting and work on maintaining my TAN!

Today is a holiday here in Cadiz, "Virgen del Rosario" is the partron saint of this wonderful city. There was no school today and tonight there is a celebration in town.

The girls and I booked our first trip of the semester and we are leaving for MOROCCO tomorrow! Lindsay went last weekend with the same group and the trip sounds amazing. We are all VERY excited!!! I can't wait to explore a new country, a new continent, and a new culture this weekend!

Be sure to check back on Monday to hear all about the trip!


Besos y un abrazo

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the word "Week" in the title, thought I should point that out lol <3

    ReplyDelete