“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Do we really have to go to class?

Hola todos,

I am happy to say that I have officially completed the "intensive" language portion of the program. The exam was nothing like I thought it was going to be, in fact, there were several parts that were completely unrelated to class material. But, oh well! Its over and done with and I am sure I will end up in the next highest level regardless of my nota. We celebrated by spending the afternoon on the beach on Friday after lunch. We have officially become regulars - and we now have nicknames for the locals who frequent the same beach around the same time we do. Our favorite - a 5 year old girl we have nicknamed "demon child." She likes to run around terrorizing other children and their families.

We spent Saturday at the beach as well. The weather was gorgeous. When the tide went out Natalie and I walked around the other fort at the beach and found some pretty interesting things. She has some great pictures and as soon as she is able to upload them I will share with you! I look very tan in all of them!!!

Since today is Natalie's 22nd birthday, all 3 of us girls went out to celebrate last night. We stayed out dancing until about 4 am - which is actually EARLY here. In fact, most of the people here, regardless of age, stay out until around 7 am. But for us, 4 am was late enough!

Today we are just relaxing and preparing for the beginning of our semester. I still can't believe I have been here 3 weeks and I'm not even starting class until tomorrow! This week should go by fast as Thursday is a National Holiday and we don't have classes on Fridays. We are going to book our trip to Morocco tomorrow and we are planning on leaving for the African continent on Friday. Lindsay is on the trip now - I can't wait to hear all about it!

Hasta luego!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great!!!!!!!!!! I'm not too cool with you traveling. I hope you have researched the safety issue. Please be careful!!!!!! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia: Don't mind my previous comments. I was having a problem.
    I am enjoying your blogs. It sounds like you are seeing a lot of interesting things.

    ReplyDelete