“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

Monday, September 13, 2010

First Night in Madrid!

Hola!

Talk about some serious jet lag! Theresa, Natalie, and I are all exhausted, but we still managed to have a great first night in Madrid. We just returned from dinner with our program director Carmen. Around 8 o'clock she met us at the hotel and we walked around Plaza Mayor and Plaza del Sol. I am certainly not a city person, but I do love Madrid, at the least the very little I have seen of it. We then stopped at an Italian restaurant for some dinner. We had great conversation. Carmen (who by the way is fabulous - in spanish we say "guay") told Natalie and I that our host mom Encarnacion is known for being a FANTASTIC cook and that all the students who live with her gain weight! Great! All 3 of us have already made a pact to exercise together everyday. Carmen had nothing but wonderful things to share about our host families and we are all very eager to meet them! I also found out that I will have wireless internet at my new home! Yay!

Theresa, Natalie, and Me en Plaza Mayor



Well, its off to bed for me! We have a day full of sightseeing tomorrow!

Besos y un abrazo

No comments:

Post a Comment